October 6, 2018 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Concordia University Irvine
$70 ($30 for students)
In conjunction with the annual Fall Festival of Hymns, Concordia University is pleased to offer a one-day church music conference in partnership with the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians and the Orange County Chapter of the AGO. Nationally recognized organist and composer Michael Burkhardt will serve as the plenary speaker and festival leader.
Attendees may also select from a variety of workshops led by distinguished local colleagues and CUI faculty members:
- ECS Choral Reading Session (Michael Busch and the Concordia Choir)
- Improving Choral Tone through Movement (Marin Jacobson)
- Transformational Leadership: Creating Disciples within your Music Ministry (Adan Fernandez)
- Integrating Worship Elements: Keeping Our Heritage Alive in a Contemporary World (Hanan Yaqub and Frances Johnston)
- Handbell Techniques: What Do Those Notations Mean and How Do You Ring Them? (Nancy Jessup and Alex Guebert)
- Panel Discussion: Building and Sustaining Volunteer and Family Music Ministries (William Heide, Carol McDaniel, Linda Brown, Chris Rogers; Tom Mueller, moderator)
Thanks to the generous support of the Orange County AGO chapter, we are pleased to offer a discounted registration rate of $30 ($20 for students) to OCAGO members—a savings of 33% compared to the regular $45 registration fee. Your registration includes lunch, an afternoon reception, and a complimentary ticket to the closing hymn festival.
To register using the discounted rate, please use an online registration link that will be shared directly with OCAGO members by mid-September. You may complete your registration online, or you may print a registration form that can be mailed with an enclosed check.
A second Hearts • Hands • Voices workshop will be presented at First Lutheran Church in Torrance, California on Saturday, October 20. This event will feature three sessions led by Paul Vasile of Eden Theological Seminary in St. Louis, and will focus on leadership skills and strategies that strengthen and inspire the singing voice of our congregations. A discounted registration option of $70 ($30 students) is available at https://alcm.org/event/irvine-ca/ to attendees who wish to attend both the Irvine and Torrance events.