Please join us as St. John’s dedicates our New R.M. Ballantyne Pipe Organ. Featuring Organists Charles Raasch and William Heide
Jonathan Vexo, Choir Organist at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris will present a concert and workshop. Workshop is at 3:00, concert is at 7:30. We will have a NO HOST dinner at Lucielle’s across the street from the Arboritum between the workshop and dinner. Sign up for the dinner at http://ocago.app.rsvpify.com/ . The dinner is pay yourself. Please bring cash, including small bills so that you can make exact change for your share.
Admission to the concert is FREE for OCAGO members, $10 for guests.
4pm SATURDAY October 28 at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Garden Grove, OCAGO member Dr. Tom Mueller will present a hymn festival. For those of you who have not attended a concert that Tom has played, you have missed a great experience. Here is an opportunity for you to hear him play, and be an active participant. Tom’s programs are well researched, interesting and engaging, and always superbly and immaculately performed. More information and directions to the venue are here.
- Gott ist Mein Licht Jacobus Clemens non Papa (c.1510-c. 1555)
Tr. Elias Ammerbach (c. 1530-1597)
- Nun freut euch, Christen g’mein Caspar Othmayr (1515-1553)
- Ein’ feste Burg Lupus Heillinck (c. 1493-1541) arr. Mueller
- Nun bitten wir den heiligen geis, BuxWV 208 Dietrich Buxtehude (c. 1637-1707)
- Organ Sonata in D minor, Op. 65/6 (“Vater unser im Himmelreich”) Chorale: Andante sostenuto, Allegro molto Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Partita “Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme,” Op. 8/2 Hugo Distler (1908-1942)
- Wir glauben ali’ an einen Gott (2013) Jean-Baptiste Baptiste Dupont (b. 1979)
- Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation (choral anthem) Dale Wood
- Congregational hymn: Ein’ feste Burg Mueller
Dr. Tom Mueller DMA Associate Organist St. James in the City and Assistant Professor of Church Music CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY IRVINE
Pipes, Pedals and Pizza-invite your piano students and choir kids!
The American Guild of Organists, Orange County Chapter and St. John’s Lutheran Church in Orange present a Pipes, Pedals and Pizza Event Saturday, November 11th, 2017 from10:15 am to 1:15 pm at St. John’s Lutheran Church (185 S. Center Street, Orange). Dr. William Heide, Minister of Worship & Music, will demonstrate the new Ryan Ballantyne Pipe Organ and Charles Raasch, OCAGO Chapter Dean, will present his “Organ Crawl” video created by a camera on his head as he climbed through the instrument. Another treat for this morning is the performance of Dan Burton’s “REX, KING OF INSTRUMENTS” performed by Gary Toops. Students should bring a “hands-on” piano or organ piece of their choice that they can play on the 5 Manual Ballantyne Pipe Organ if they desire.
The program is free–Pizza reservation-FREE for students – $5.00 adults,
Contact email@example.com for reservations
Make pizza reservations by November 10th 2017.