Featuring organists who have played at Geneva Presbyterian over the years.
The organists are
they play the Four Manual Wicks/Walker-Technical 53 Pipe Ranks 70 Digital Voices 1978: Wicks Pipe Organ. 2007 Walker-Technical Digital Stops. Philip Riddick Tonal Designer for Enlargement of Organ 2007.
We are blessed with some stellar students in our study grant program. Come and hear them play. Also come to support your board for the next season as they are installed.
- ECS Choral Reading Session (Michael Busch and the Concordia Choir)
- Improving Choral Tone through Movement (Marin Jacobson)
- Transformational Leadership: Creating Disciples within your Music Ministry (Adan Fernandez)
- Integrating Worship Elements: Keeping Our Heritage Alive in a Contemporary World (Hanan Yaqub and Frances Johnston)
- Handbell Techniques: What Do Those Notations Mean and How Do You Ring Them? (Nancy Jessup and Alex Guebert)
- Panel Discussion: Building and Sustaining Volunteer and Family Music Ministries (William Heide, Carol McDaniel, Linda Brown, Chris Rogers; Tom Mueller, moderator)
Workshop with Todd Wilson at Christ Cathedral begins at 4:00 PM
Dinner at Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que (4050 W Chapman Ave, Orange, CA 92868) at 5:30 PM
Recital by Todd Wilson at Christ Cathedral begins at 7:30 PM
The event begins at 7 pm, is over circa 8:30 pm, and, is followed by a reception involving home-made cookies >:). All are welcome, no admission fee.
We have about 200 vocal scores to loan to those who wish to help sing the 9 choruses that are included in the program (mostly, Part 1, because of the season, but, of course, we have to do #44 and #53).
Although we do assemble an orchestra (consisting of high schoolers to pros), we feature our wonderful 57 rank Henry Pilcher and Sons (restored, 1st by Ron Kraft and later Ryan Ballantyne) Pipe Organ.