We are blessed with some stellar students in our study grant program. Come and hear them play. Also come to support your board for the next season as they are installed.
- ECS Choral Reading Session (Michael Busch and the Concordia Choir)
- Improving Choral Tone through Movement (Marin Jacobson)
- Transformational Leadership: Creating Disciples within your Music Ministry (Adan Fernandez)
- Integrating Worship Elements: Keeping Our Heritage Alive in a Contemporary World (Hanan Yaqub and Frances Johnston)
- Handbell Techniques: What Do Those Notations Mean and How Do You Ring Them? (Nancy Jessup and Alex Guebert)
- Panel Discussion: Building and Sustaining Volunteer and Family Music Ministries (William Heide, Carol McDaniel, Linda Brown, Chris Rogers; Tom Mueller, moderator)
Workshop with Todd Wilson at Christ Cathedral begins at 4:00 PM
Dinner at Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que (4050 W Chapman Ave, Orange, CA 92868) at 5:30 PM
Recital by Todd Wilson at Christ Cathedral begins at 7:30 PM
The event begins at 7 pm, is over circa 8:30 pm, and, is followed by a reception involving home-made cookies >:). All are welcome, no admission fee.
We have about 200 vocal scores to loan to those who wish to help sing the 9 choruses that are included in the program (mostly, Part 1, because of the season, but, of course, we have to do #44 and #53).
Although we do assemble an orchestra (consisting of high schoolers to pros), we feature our wonderful 57 rank Henry Pilcher and Sons (restored, 1st by Ron Kraft and later Ryan Ballantyne) Pipe Organ.
Organists are TBD.
At 7:00PM on Saturday, May 25, the Orange County chapter of the American Guild of Organists will host the annual Study Grant Recital and Installation service at Concordia University. The concert will feature performances by four local students who received financial support from the study grant program this spring: Patricia Wang (student of Esther Jones), Katrina Liao (student of Janet Thorson), Emma Yim (student of Jennifer Puhl), and Eric Zhang (student of Jung-A Lee).
At this service, we will also install the incoming leadership team for the 2019-20 program year and recognize our 2018-19 leaders for their service. Please join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of our local students and enjoy the company of our local colleagues!